sketches for a couple illustrations I’m working on for a “retro” art show. They didn’t turn out as pin up as I had intended but with color and all I think it will still look retro enough I hope, a bit more retro comic then pin-up girl though, and even if they don’t I like them anyway.
sketches for some of the paintings I’ll be working on! there’s one more I still need to finish sketching. Then on to the next steps! I’m intending to do pastels over these to get the colors and shading down a bit more (they won’t be flesh colored but rather green, blue, purple, and a redish)
what do you think?
also I recently found out about a retro art show looking for pin up art so I’m going to do a couple small works for that I think, good thing I got pretty good at drawing people; lets’ hope that caries over to painting!
We are looking for 50 art and craft vendors plus 12 food vendors to fill the fair ground space.
What do I need to know?
- Held at the CVS Plaza - 986 Main Street, Fishkill NY 12524
- The event is juried. There is a place on the application to put links to your work. Send pictures if you do not have web links please. You can also send pictures via email. There is a contact on the application.
-Vendors need a valid business tax ID number to participate
- Each space is 10’ X 10’ .
- Food trucks are welcome to apply.
- Tents with weights are mandatory (we are on blacktop).
- Handmade items only. Pre-packaged food vendors (from a third party) do not qualify.
- Checks are to be sent in with your application. Checks will be shredded if you are not chosen to be part of this year’s show. If you want them back, please send a SASE.
- The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013. No exceptions. Applications sent without payment before the deadline will not be accepted.
- You will be notified if you have been accepted or not to the show the 2nd week of April.
- Please note: Membership to Hudson Valley Etsy for the sole purpose of the discounted fee is not possible. Members as of January 31, 2013 are eligible for the discount. If you want to apply to the team anyway, please find us here.